This fun little project will look adorable on your Easter Table. Fill it with Jelly Beans or Chocolate Eggs and you will make everyone that sees it smile!
There is an Easter Fun Challenge #143 over on the SUO Challenges site. Check it out here! You will see this project entered there.
Ink: Blushing Bride
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, In Color Designer Series Paper
Misc.: Circle Collections Framelits, Large Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Accent Punch, Owl Punch, Project Life Journaling Pen, Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Ribbon, Botanical Garden Jewels Embellishments, Fringe Scissors, White Baker’s Twine, uni-ball White Gel Pen, Sponge Daubers, Tombow Liquid Glue, Tear and Tape Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots
Basic Black: 9 ¾” x 3 ¾”, #6 and #9 Circle (I start on the inside circle and count my way out to get the # circle.), 2 eyes are from the owl punch medium circles
Whisper White: #4 circle, 2 – #1 circle, 2 – Large Oval Punch
In Color DSP: 1” x 10”
Blushing Bride – Itty Bitty Punch – heart
Baker’s Twine: 4”
- Take your Basic Black 9 ¾” x 3 ¾” paper. Score on the long side at ¾”. Fold along score line. Using your fringe scissors cut all along this side of the paper to the score line. Roll this into a cylinder shape a few times to soften the fibers.
- Place Tear and Tape around the outer edge of the smaller Basic Black Circle #6. Remove tapes protective cover. Slowly start attaching your fringe cut pieces along the edge of the circle to the tape, creating a cylinder with the circle as the base. When you get towards the end, use Tear and Tape to close the cylinder along the long straight edge.
- Apply Tombow glue to the bottom of the cylinder. Place on the Large Circle #9 and hold in place till set.
- Using Sponge Dauber with Blushing Bride ink, sponge center of ovals (ears) and sponge cheeks onto #4 circle. Sponge around #1 circles (paws). Using Mini Glue Dots – Attach ears to back of circle. Attach Blushing Bride heart (nose) between sponged cheeks. Attach Basic Black circles (eyes).
- Using Journaling Pen, create mouth and whiskers on bunny face. Draw paws. Using uni-Ball gel pen, create white eyes.
- Attach bunny face to back of cylinder hat and attach paws in front of face.
- Attach DSP around hat bottom. Cut dotted lace ribbon in half. Using bakers twine tie lace ribbon in middle. Attach to DSP and attach Botanical Garden Jewel on top of lace.
- Finally, add bow to bunny ear.