Everyone thinks the next big holiday on the calendar is St. Patrick’s Day, but I know it is Leap Day – Feb. 29th – the Bonus Day February gets every 4 years. Yay!
Many of you won’t celebrate this day, but I am always looking for an excuse to create a different card to send to my college kids. This card sketch was inspired by the Pocket Sketch Challenge #9 on Julie’s Stamping Spot website. Check it out here!
Stamps: You’re Sublime, Gorgeous Grunge, Alphabet Rotary Stamp
Paper: Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White, Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cucumber Crush
Misc.: 1 3/8” Circle Punch, 1 3/4” Scallop Punch, Washi Label Punch, Dotted Lace Trim Cucumber Crush
Crushed Curry: 4 ¼” x 11”
Cucumber Crush: 3 ½” x 4 ¾”, 1 3/4” Scallop Punch
Whisper White: 3 ¼” x 4 ½”, 1 3/8” Circle Punch, Washi Label
Cherry on Top DSP: ½” x 3 ¼”
- Fold and crease Crushed Curry into card base.
- Layer Cucumber Crush mat onto center of card base.
- Stamp Gorgeous Grunge dots onto Whisper White mat in Cucumber Crush.
- Attach 2 DSP strips onto Whisper White mat.
- Tie Ribbon around Whisper White mat. Attach mat to Cucumber Crush on card.
- Stamp frog from You’re Sublime Stamp set onto Whisper White card stock. Punch out using 1 3/8” circle punch. Attach to Cucumber Crush scallop punch and attach that to card using dimensionals.
- Using Alphabet Rotary Stamp, make up your sentiment. Stamp in Cucumber Crush on Whisper White. Punch out with Washi Label Punch. Attach to card.
Happy Leap Day Everyone!