I’m playing along again with Create with Connie and Mary and their latest color challenge. While these colors are not your traditional Christmas colors, I think the card works perfectly for the upcoming Holidays. I have been stamping and creating Holiday cards non-stop for the past week, so I will be posting more of my Christmas cards over the next few weeks. I know it’s not even Thanksgiving, but I like to get my cards mailed out to family and friends the week of December.
Stamps: Lots of Joy, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Whisper White, Delightful Dijon
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Delightful Dijon
Misc. 1/2” circle Punch, Delicate Ornaments Thinlets, Gold Cording, Project Life Journaling Pen, ruler
Whisper White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 5” x 3 ¾”, 3 ½” x 3” scrap for ornaments
Delightful Dijon: 5 ¼” x 4
Gold Foil: scrap for ornament topper
Gold Cording: 16”
- Fold and crease white card stock to create card base.
- Stamp the splotch stamp from Gorgeous Grunge with Delightful Dijon ink on the Whisper White 5” x 3 ¾” paper. Then stamp the Merry and Bright saying from the Lots of Joy stamp with Island Indigo on the bottom right.
- Stamp ornament from Lots of Joy stamp set using Island Indigo ink and Eggplant Envy ink on the white scrap. (I lightly stamped off once with the Eggplant Envy as I thought it was very dark.) Punch out with the 1 ½” circle punch.
- Using the Big Shot cut out the ornament tops in Gold Foil with the framelit from Delicate Ornaments Thinlets.
- Build your card. Layer the Delightful Dijon on the card base. Attach the Whisper White mat on top of that. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach ornaments. Attach ornament tops on to the ornaments.
- Using a ruler and the Journaling Pen draw a straight line from the top of the card to the ornament.
- Tie a bow with the Gold Cording to each ornament top.