I seem to be using the Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake colors a lot lately. I do like bright colors, but these two colors seem to work well together for a nice subtle look.
Today, I am entering this card in the latest Global Design Project challenge. It is a CASE the Designer challenge, which means Copy and Selectively Edit the designers card sample. I chose to keep the center focus on a star and scatter little stars around it. (The designer, Connie Collins, had a center heart with little hearts scattered around.) Check out their challenge page here!
Stamps: And Many More
Ink: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake
Paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack
Misc.: Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit, Bloomin’ Heart Thinlets, Stars Framelit, Banner Triple Punch, Itty Bitty Punches
Whisper White: 8 ½” x 4 ¼”, 5 ¼” x 4”, scrap for flower
Crumb Cake: 1 star thinlet cut out using 3rd star
Blushing Bride: 1 Bloomin’ Heart cutout, 3 ½” x 5/8”
Love Blossoms DSP: 1” x 4”
Pearl String: 4”
- Fold and crease Whisper White card stock to create base.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White mat with Blushing Bride ink and attach to card base.
- Cut out banners with Blushing Bride card stock and Love Blossoms DSP. Punch 1 end to create banner.
- Using Bloomin’ Heart thinlet cut out Blushing Bride cardstock. Cut heart again using the 3rd star Framelit. Attach to Crumb Cake star using Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp larger flower in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with Bloomin’ Heart flower. Attach to the star.
- Attach both banners to card. Glue pearl string on top of banner.
- Attach star to card with dimensionals.
- Punch out some small stars in Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake and attach them to the card base, scattered around the bigger star.