I love this Starburst card. Once you have the technique down, you can use any Designer Series Paper to create a card for any Occasion. Every time you make it, it will look different depending on the paper.
There is another example using Cherry On Top DSP on the bottom of the post, so keep reading. . .
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends
Paper: Soft Suede card stock, Old Olive card stock, Whisper White card stock, Into The Woods Designer Series Paper
Ink: : Tangelo Twist
Misc.:, Tags and Labels Framelits, Linen Thread, Multipurpose Liquid glue
Soft Suede: 5 ½” x 8 ½”
Old olive: 5 ¼” x 4”, 5” x 3 ¾”, scrap for label
Whisper White: scrap for label
Designer Series Paper: 2 pieces at 2” x 1 ½”, 2 pieces at 3” x 1 ½”, 1 piece at 4” x 1 ½”, 1 piece at 4 ½” x 1 ½”
- Cut all Designer Series Paper rectangles in half from corner to opposite corner.
- Place a small amount of glue on smaller 5”x 3 ¾” old olive card stock, upper left center.
- Place Designer Series Paper point in glue moving around to fit bottom card stock base. Keep placing triangles around base until all fit nicely together.
- Carefully lifting up ends, secure with more glue.
- Flip over and trim Designer Series Paper to base shape.
- Attach to 5 ¼” x 4” old olive card stock base.
- Fold and crease Soft Suede card stock to create card base. Attach Old Olive starburst to card base.
- Stamp saying on Whisper White card stock with Tangelo Twist Ink.
- Cut out using Tags and Labels Framelits. Cut out one size larger Tag with Old Olive card stock. Attach labels together. Tie a bow with Linen Thread onto tag. Attach over center of Starburst.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Here’s another sample of the Starburst Technique using Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper stack and Hello Honey Cardstock with Whisper White Card Stock as the base card. The saying is from the And Many More Stamp Set.
Thanks for visiting today! I’d love to talk to you about Stampin’ Up! and all the projects and products you see here. Please feel free to contact me.