I saw this sketch challenge over at http://craftprojectcentral.com/creating-pretty-cards-card-challenge-52 and decided to play along. Check it out! You can play along too!
This card uses the Wild About Flowers stamp set and rather than doing the rectangle shapes, the flowers fit perfectly in the Lots of Labels Framelits. I added some rhinestones and embossed the saying in silver to give it some bling.
Stamps: Wild About Flowers, Bravo
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Into the Woods DSP, Old Olive, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, VersaMark
Misc.: Lots of Labels Framelits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Rhinestone Jewels Basic, silver 1/8” ribbon, Silver Embossing Powder, Embossing Heat Tool, Big Shot
Whisper White: 4 ¾” x 3”
Elegant Eggplant: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 5” x 3”, scrap for saying
Into the Woods: 4” x 5 ¼”, 4” x 2”
Old Olive: 2 ½” x 2”
Silver ribbon: 6”
- Fold and crease the Elegant Eggplant card stock to make your card base.
- The Wild About Flowers Stamp set is a Two-step stamp set. There are 3 different stems and 3 different flowers with this set. They are conveniently numbered so you know what flower matches each stem. For this card I used the number 1 stem and flower. I stamped the stem first in the center of the Whisper White card stock and then stamped the flowers with Elegant Eggplant. Punch out using the second largest Lots of Labels Framelits with your Big Shot. Punch out the Elegant Eggplant layer using the largest Lots of Labels Framelits.
- Attach your smaller piece of Designer Series Paper on top of the bottom of the other piece of Designer Series Paper. Attach the silver ribbon where the papers meet. Attach this to your card base.
- Attach your stamped image to the Elegant Eggplant and attach that to the card.
- Punch out the small butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits with the Old Olive. Attach near the top of the flowers.
- Stamp saying with VersaMark on the Elegant Eggplant scrap. Heat emboss silver embossing powder on saying. Trim. Attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals to your card.
- Add Rhinestone jewels to the butterfly and card for extra bling.