My two older kids are currently studying for and taking their college finals. I made some cards to send them with treats to help get them through. The inside message for both is : you’re all kinds of awesome!
I used the English Garden Designer Series Paper on both cards, but one is very feminine and the other is masculine. That is one great thing about Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper, one side will have flowers or hearts or girly things, but the other side will have a pattern or stripes, perfect for non-girly type cards.
Stamps: Words of Truth, Butterfly Basics
Paper: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Vellum, English Garden DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo
Misc.: Project Life Corner Punch, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits
Whisper White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scrap for small Butterflies Thinlits
Mint Macaron: 4 x 5 ¼”, 1” x 4 1/2”
English Garden: 3 ¾” x 5
Blushing Bride: scrap for small Bold Butterfly Framelits
Vellum: scrap for small Bold Butterfly Framelits
- Fold and crease whisper white card stock into card base.
- Layer Mint Macaron and English Garden on top of card base.
- Stamp Remember from Words of Truth onto Mint Macaron with Old Olive Ink. I used the corner punch to round the corners (I had a hard time with my corner punch and it looks a little messy, but was pressed for time and didn’t redo it properly.) Attach to card
- The butterfly is three layers. Bottom Layer – Stamp small butterfly from Butterfly Basics Stamp set onto Whisper White in Melon Mambo Ink. Cut out with Big Shot using the Butterflies Thinlets. Middle Layer – Cut out Blushing Bride Card stock with Big Shot using Bold Butterflies Framelit. Top Layer – Cut out Vellum with Big Shot using Bold Butterflies Framelit. Layer and attach to card.
- Inside message is: you’re all kinds of awesome! stamped in Melon Mambo
Stamps: Words of Truth
Paper: Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Whisper White, English Garden
Ink: Night of Navy
Misc.: 1” Square punch
Whisper White: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, 3 ¾” x 1 ¼”
Night of Navy: 4 x 5 ¼”
English Garden: 3 ¾” x 5
Old Olive: 4 – 1” squares
Soft Suede: 4 – 1” squares
- Fold and crease Whisper White card stock to create card base.
- Layer Night of Navy and English Garden on top of card base.
- Stamp Truth from the Words of Truth stamp set onto Whisper White in Night of Navy ink.
- Tile the 8 squares on the card top. Attach sentiment on top of that.
- Inside message is: you’re all kinds of awesome! stamped in Night of Navy.