Here’s the card I made my husband for his recent Birthday using the Guy Greetings Stamp Set. I like the combination of colors – Night of Navy on Smoky Slate with a touch of Cherry Cobbler – very masculine.
Stamps: Guy Greetings, Banner Banter, Big Day
Paper: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Ink: : Night of Navy, Basic Black
Misc.:, Banner Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Trio Banner Punch, Decorative Label Punch
Night of Navy – 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, 1 x 4” , 2 1/8” x 1 5/8”
Smoky Slate – 8” x 5 ¼”, scraps for banners
Cherry Cobbler – 3” x 2”
Whisper White- 2” x 1 ½”
Cherry Cobbler Twine: atleast 20”
- This is a side view of the card so you can see I had a flat base of Night of Navy on the bottom and folded and creased the Smoky Slate card to attach on top. I used Fast Fuse adhesive to attach since it is a heavier card.
- Stamp the Anchor from the Guy Greetings Stamp Set with Basic Black ink onto the Whisper White, attach to the Night of Navy.
- Stamp 5 flags with the Banner Banter stamps using Night of Navy ink and punch out using the Banner Punch.
- Punch out each side of the Night of Navy 1” strip.
- Stamp the greeting from Big Day with Basic Black ink onto the Cherry Cobbler and punch out using the Decorative Label Punch. Attach with dimensionals to the Night of Navy strip. Attach that to the lower right corner of card.
- Make two bows with the Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine. String two lines of twine from the left side of card to the top. Glue ends down and glue a bow at each end.
- Attach your Anchor in the middle of the twine at an angle and attach the banners on either side.
On the inside I added a couple more banners with the sentiment.